Helix Cuff Kickstarter Campaign Triggers Funding Tsunami
The marriage between fashion and technology is not always easy, but for digital fashion accessories brand Ashley Chloe, the goal is to achieve wedded bliss. The company sought to raise $100,000 in funding through a Kickstarter campaign for its flagship wearable tech accessory, the Helix Cuff.
- Achieved funding goal in just 12 days (only 37% of Kickstarter campaigns succeed at all)
- Saw positive coverage in more than 25 outlets
- Raised a total of $264,205 – nearly 265% over target
- Named by FashInvest as a Top 10 fashion tech crowdfunding campaign for 2015
How do you tell the world you’re not just another Fitbit knockoff? Because the wearables space is so highly competitive, Ashley Chloe distinguished the unique concept of the Helix, Bluetooth headphones housed in a stylish cuff. It also needed to target the right media contacts and users, and position its product strategically in the market.
Among the plethora of fitness trackers and smartwatches currently available, Ashley Chloe had to find a way to make Helix relevant as a wearable digital accessory. From its website to its presence and participation on different social media platforms, Ashley Chloe’s brand, messaging, and identity system had to be cohesive across the board.
Sterling aimed to position Helix as the ultimate answer to tangled headphones in the digital age. We created a pre-messaging questionnaire to help the Ashley Chloe team prioritize and articulate its core qualities, goals, vision, and value proposition. Then we advised it to revamp its website and reimagine its social media presence to reflect its persona as a sleek, forward-thinking, and innovative fashiontech company. In addition, we encouraged Ashley Chloe to make its website media-friendly with video, hi-resolution images, GIFs, and updated information on the company and its management team.
Our outreach included several key tasks:
- Identifying the top-tier media outlets and blogs in the wearable tech, tech, fashion, accessories, gadget, and crowdfunding campaign spaces through extensive research
- Seeding the news and digital assets with the appropriate writers under embargo in advance of the launch date
- Crafting and issuing a press release and Helix image nationwide to announce the Kickstarter campaign.
- Conducting media briefings and written Q&As with Ashley Chloe founder and CEO Angela Pan
- Issuing additional press releases announcing Ashley Chloe’s success in reaching the initial Kickstarter funding goal and the subsequent stretch goal
Just how fast did Helix take off? See for yourself:
- Saw $15K in funding on first day
- Nearly tripled funding goal
- Reached goal in just 12 days
- 1.2K shares of Mashable feature alone
The Helix Cuff campaign was named by FashInvest as a top 10 crowdfunding campaign in fashion tech in 2015. Helix even grabbed the attention of ABC TV’s hit show “Shark Tank,” whose casting agent invited Ashley Chloe to participate in the casting process. The Helix Cuff was also selected as an Innovation Award winner at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
Angela Pan, Ashley Chloe Founder & CEO, was so satisfied with these results that she said, “Thank you for the awesome job on the Kickstarter launch of our Helix Cuff. We are very impressed by your efficiency. Your comments and training definitely helped improve my interview skills. We wouldn’t be here without you! You guys are wonderful!”
Interested in learning how the right PR campaign can move the needle for your company? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.