Because we work to make sure that you get the most out of your website and that your online presence reaches its full potential, Sterling provides a 30-day warranty both for new websites that Sterling builds, as well as for Sterling’s maintenance work for existing websites. In all cases, this warranty is only valid for work on websites that are hosted with a Sterling-approved vendor.
Sterling’s warranty covers code and graphics developed by Sterling. The warranty covers errors or omissions by our staff for 30 days after the warrantied work first goes live. Any code altered by the client and/or third party applications used in the website are outside the scope of this warranty. The accuracy of content provided or approved by the client to complete the website is the client’s responsibility, and alterations are considered change requests.
- Assistance with error messages and system loading problems reported by users.
- Response to your request for support assistance typically within 24 business hours, when properly submitted online, by phone, or by email.
- Assistance with problems experienced by users when attempting to play video and audio files or view and download images or documents.
- Assistance with viewing problems reported by users where your website is not displaying correctly in the current major version of browser types. Browser list subject to change at Sterling’s sole discretion and is currently defined as Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Assistance with viewing problems reported by users where your website is not displaying correctly in the default browser version of the current release of major mobile operating systems Mobile OS list subject to change at Sterling’s sole discretion and is currently defined as iOS and Android.
- Assistance with any queries or problems arising with the CMS database system program.
- Ensuring all links/images are working correctly and examining the overall health and proper functionality of the website.
- Errors or omissions in website content, in cases where the website content deviates from approved content that was provided by the client.
- Install plugin updates, theme updates, or CMS platform updates (e.g., WordPress), only if required to ensure code compatibility during the warranty period.
What’s Not Covered?
- Support for any problems or errors arising with or caused by the hosting system.
- Support for any problems or errors arising with or caused by client error.
- Support for any problems or errors arising with or caused by cybersecurity issues (e.g., site hacking, malware, DDoS attacks, ransomware, etc.), internet infrastructure issues, or acts of God.
- Systems developed by agencies or others, other than Sterling, are not covered by the warranty, unless explicitly agreed to.
- Any web development task requested that was not explicitly listed in the client contract. This may include, but is not limited to: graphic design, CSS changes, layout changes, moving or adding content, any new functionality, additional form fields and/or field validation and problems caused by client site administration.
- Unless explicitly agreed to, Sterling does not warranty the integration of third party platform services (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce, email providers, chat systems, etc.)
- The scope of this warranty is limited to maintenance and does not allow for complete or partial redesign of existing site. Sterling will advise client on any requested work that falls outside of maintenance bounds and that may require a separate contract.
- Any changes to approved client- or Sterling-written content, including but not limited to text, image, audio, or video content types.
- Unless where explicitly agreed to, the scope of this contract does not include making any changes to existing meta tags, alt tags, titles, keywords or page descriptions.
- Warranty excludes troubleshooting or resolving of web analytics data collection or reporting issues.